Monday, September 24, 2012

Ganpati Bappa Morya!

Lord Ganesh


Ganpati Bappa!
Ganesha!
What can I say about the Remover of Obstacles, the Modak lover,loved by millions all over the world, the Charming Lord Ganesha! Its the festival of Ganesh Chaturti and everyone all over Mumbai is in this eccentric mood to celebrate with sweets,fire crackers, and loud music to dance on. I can't believe how flexible I get when I dance for the Visarjan of the Ganpati into the sea, apparently according to a few people i lose all the bones in my body. This fantastic festival is the welcoming of Lord Shiva's Son into our city,our homes. Devotees all around Mumbai get Ganesh Idols at their places,buildings,institutes,etc and shower the lord with food,Aartis and Poojas. There is no holding back when it comes to the celebration of Vinayak's arrival. This might seem like a random post but i couldn't hold back, last night i danced for 3 hours straight for the Visarjan of the Ganesha in my Building. There are few festivals in India like this one in which people are so devoted to their Lord,they make huge donations,sacrifices,and what not. Every single idol in the city is treated with equal respect and each and every being some way or the other wants to be the part of this celebration. Since i was a kid, i was fascinated with this festival,it meant holiday in my school,and a fun occasion to pray and dance. If you have never experienced it before, I would suggest you do it as soon as you can! i wouldn't miss it for the world! Ganpati Bappa Morya!

No comments:

Post a Comment